1. less than zero by bret easton ellis. pretty much anything by him. i had it hard coming up with this choice.
2. on the road by jack kerouac.
3. choke by chuck palahniuk.
4. the bell jar by slyvia plath.
5. surfacing by maragaret atwood.
big fan of the moralist novel and contemporary stuff. im in the middle of reading too many things right now. i need to get working on it. i got lullabby by chuck palaniuk, wuthering heights by bronte, and farenheit 241 by bradbury along with a bunch of weird poetry books that i bought at building 19 for a dollar. i read one of em last night and it seems like a bell jar rip off by by a 13 year old without all the good wording. its called "speak" and its by laurie halse anderson. something like 200 pages of "no one likes me and everyone can die". i wouldnt suggest it. gets boring after awhile.